Transform Your Empty Quest Bar Wrappers into This Handy Pencil Case!
WELCOME TO QIY — OUR NEW SERIES WHERE WE SHOW YOU HOW TO FLEX YOUR CREATIVE MUSCLE!
EVER WONDERED WHAT TO DO WITH ALL THOSE EMPTY QUEST BAR WRAPPERS?
INSTEAD OF TOSSING THEM IN THE TRASH, WHY NOT TRANSFORM THEM INTO SOMETHING USEFUL?
LIKE A PENCIL CASE!
WATCH THE VIDEO TO SEE HOW IT’S MADE AND CHECK OUT THE FULL DIRECTIONS BELOW!
- Empty Quest Bar wrappers (four minimum)
- Duct Tape (any color)
- Clear Packing Tape
- Paper Clips (3-4)
- Stapler w/staples
DIRECTIONS FOR ASSEMBLY
- Take empty wrappers, lay them on their front side, & fold them out to squares.
- Tape the back of the wrappers together (using duct tape) to how big you’d like your pouch to be & form one square.
- Flip it over to the frontside. Then tape a layer of the clear tape all around to give it a glossy look. This also gives it more integrity.
- Place zipper front side down on the front of the wrapper along the edge of the wrapper.
- Use paper clips to hold the zipper in place so it doesn’t move as you staple it. Then staple all long the top, in between the actual zipper & the edge of wrapper.
- Turn everything over & fold zipper so it lays flat. Duct tape over the staples to protect yourself & to make it pretty. Don’t duct tape over the zipper part.
- Flip it over. Then cut off the excess wrapper that’s not aligned with the plane of the zipper.
- OPEN THE ZIPPER! Very important that you do this!
- Fold over the side without the zipper so that the inside is on the outside.
- Use the paper clips to hold the zipper in place with the other side like we did earlier. Then staple the top of the zipper to the other side just like earlier also
- Fold zipper flat again & duct tape over staples to secure & make it pretty.
- Staple along both sides of the pouch then cover it with duct tape. Cut off any excess tape.
- Gently turn it inside out & you have a zipper pouch!