Transform your Taco Salad into a Protein Taco Salad!
Usually, unless you’re loading your salad with chicken or fish, salads can be a little stingy with the protein. Today, we’re changing that. Take a look at this craveable taco salad and know it has 26g of protein per serving. Dig in!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1/4 Salad Bowl
Calories: 240 | Protein: 26g | Fat: 11g | Net Carb: 5g
Total Carb: 9g | Fiber: 4g | Erythritol: N/A | Sugar: N/A
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 8 mins | Total Time: ~20 minutes
1/2 lb ground turkey
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cup black olives
1 jalapeño, sliced
2 tbsp sour cream
2 bags Quest Nacho Cheese Tortilla-Style Protein Chips
- In a large, non-stick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- add turkey and seasonings to skillet
- Break up the ground turkey and stir it with a wooden spoon until it’s cooked throughout (6-8 minutes)
- Place the chopped lettuce in a large serving bowl.
- Remove turkey from heat and top off the serving bowl with turkey.
- Add tomatoes, cheese, olives, jalapeños and chips.
- Drizzle with sour cream and toss slightly before serving