Bet you thought the only way to get protein in your taco salad was to load it with meat — not this year! Now you can boost your protein intake with Quest Tortilla Style Protein Chips. Our cheesy, crunchy chips are great by themselves, but even better when you put them to use with your favorite south-of-the-border salad. Check out the full recipe and get ready to step up your salad game this year.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1/4 Salad Bowl
Calories: 240 | Protein: 26g | Fat: 11g | Net Carb: 5g
Total Carb: 9g | Fiber: 4g | Erythritol: N/A | Sugar: N/A
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 8 mins | Total Time: ~20 minutes
1/2 lb ground turkey
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cup black olives
1 jalapeño, sliced
2 tbsp sour cream
- In a large, non-stick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- add turkey and seasonings to skillet
- Break up the ground turkey and stir it with a wooden spoon until it’s cooked throughout (6-8 minutes)
- Place the chopped lettuce in a large serving bowl.
- Remove turkey from heat and top off the serving bowl with turkey.
- Add tomatoes, cheese, olives, jalapeños and chips.
- Drizzle with sour cream and toss slightly before serving