Doughnuts go with breakfast like pancakes go with syrup. So it stands to reason that doughnut pancakes will make your breakfast brain explode. This simple, protein packed recipe will make all the other doughnuts and pancakes jealous with it’s incredible taste, even better macros, and it gives you an excuse to play with sprinkles. It’s a classic win-win-win recipe.
CHOCOLATE SPRINKLED DOUGHNUT PANCAKES
Yields: 2 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
Calories: 240 | Protein: 18g | Fat: 12g | Net Carb: 13g
Total Carb: 19g
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 25 mins (to cook through all batter)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla and set them aside.
- Break the Chocolate Sprinkled Doughnut bar into small pieces and place them into a food processor or blender.
- Blend until fine crumbles form.
- Transfer crumbles to the mixing bowl and add in the remaining ingredients.
- Stir until well combined.
- Let the batter sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat a skillet or pancake pan and prepare with a non-stick cooking spray.
- pour 1/4 cup of the mixture per pancake — cook pancakes on low/medium heat.
- Cook until bubbles begin to form. Flip and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Repeat until you have used up all the batter.
- Melt Chocolate in a microwave bowl, drizzle over pancakes with sprinkles.
- Dig in!