Quest Employees Try Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Chicken For the First Time
“It’s like, cinnamony…or something”
Some recipes are too experimental to just unleash on the public, so the Quest chefs used Quest employees as taste testers for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Crusted Chicken. Sounds crazy, right? You’d be surprised:
Here’s how to make this crazy recipe yourself:
NUTRITIONAL INFO (RECIPE CREATED BY JOE CASTRO)
OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP CRUSTED CHICKEN
Yields: 1 serving | Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
Calories: 278 | Protein: 28g | Fat: 13g | Net Carb: 4g (1g sugar)
Fiber: 10g | P/CAL: 40%
Prep Time : 10 min | Cook Time: 25 min | Total Time: 35min
4 (3-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken cutlets
2 tsp garlic powder
1 ½ tsp salt
2 Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Quest Bars®
1 teaspoon zero-calorie sweetener
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
½ tsp cayenne pepper (or more, for extra spice)
½ tsp salt
3 tablespoons of coconut flour
1/4 cup coconut oil
- Using a paper towel, pat each chicken cutlet completely dry.
- In a small bowl, mix garlic powder and salt, and sprinkle over both sides of each chicken breast. Set aside.
- Break Quest Bars® into small pieces and add pieces to a mini-blender and process into fine crumbs.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine Quest Bar® crumbs, cinnamon, sweetener, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and salt. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
DREDGE & EGG WASH
- Add coconut flour to a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk together egg and egg white.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Dredge each chicken cutlet in coconut flour then dip in egg wash.
- Coat each piece with Quest Bar® crumbs, covering each side well.
- In a large frying pan, heat coconut oil on low-medium for about 5 minutes.
- Place all four breaded chicken cutlets in pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Carefully remove cutlets from pan, and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 to 6 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven, and serve immediately.