If you’ve got the time, we highly suggest you make this S’mores Slab Pie. I’ll keep it short because this one takes almost 3 hours to make (2 hours cooling time, so you too can chill), but it’s worth every minute. Check out the full recipe below.
S’MORES SLAB PIE
Yields: 16 Servings | Serving Size: 1 Slice
Calories: 130 | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Net Carb: 6g
Total Carb: 12g
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Chilling Time: 2 hours | Total Time: ~ 2hrs 45 minutes
S’MORES SLAB PIE CRUST FILLING TOASTED MERINGUE
S’MORES SLAB PIE
- Place the Quest Cookies into a food processor or blender and blend until small crumbs form.
- Add in the melted butter and pulse until combined
- Press the mixture into the bottom of an 8×8 inch pan lined with parchment paper
- Use the bottom of a glass to pack the mixture down tightly.
- Bake the crust for 5-6 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, place the coconut milk and gelatin into a small pot and whisk until combined.
- Let sit 10 minutes and then turn on medium heat on the stovetop.
- Bring the milk to a boil and then remove from heat.
- Add in the chocolate chips and let sit for five minutes before stirring smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the chocolate filling over the crust.
- Cover and chill for at least two hours until firm.
- Once firm and ready to serve, place the meringue ingredients into a heat-proof bowl over a small pot of boiling water (be sure the bowl isn’t touching the water) and whisk until the zero calorie sweetener granules melt.
- You can test this by rubbing the mixture between your fingers to test the grittiness.
- Pour the mixture into a standalone mixer (or handheld mixer) and beat for 4-6 minutes going from low to high until stiff peaks form and the mixture has cooled.
- Spread the meringue in an even layer over the chocolate filling.
- Use a kitchen torch to toast the meringue and cut into 16 squares and serve.