The Taste of This S’mores Slab Pie Doesn’t Lie
If you’ve got the time, we highly suggest you make this S’mores Slab Pie. I’ll keep it short because this one takes almost 3 hours to make (2 hours cooling time, so you too can chill), but it’s worth every minute. Check out the full recipe below.
S’MORES SLAB PIE
Yields: 16 Servings | Serving Size: 1 Slice
Calories: 130 | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Net Carb: 6g
Total Carb: 12g
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Chilling Time: 2 hours | Total Time: ~ 2hrs 45 minutes
S’MORES SLAB PIE CRUST FILLING TOASTED MERINGUE
S’MORES SLAB PIE
- Place the Quest Cookies into a food processor or blender and blend until small crumbs form.
- Add in the melted butter and pulse until combined
- Press the mixture into the bottom of an 8×8 inch pan lined with parchment paper
- Use the bottom of a glass to pack the mixture down tightly.
- Bake the crust for 5-6 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, place the coconut milk and gelatin into a small pot and whisk until combined.
- Let sit 10 minutes and then turn on medium heat on the stovetop.
- Bring the milk to a boil and then remove from heat.
- Add in the chocolate chips and let sit for five minutes before stirring smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the chocolate filling over the crust.
- Cover and chill for at least two hours until firm.
- Once firm and ready to serve, place the meringue ingredients into a heat-proof bowl over a small pot of boiling water (be sure the bowl isn’t touching the water) and whisk until the zero calorie sweetener granules melt.
- You can test this by rubbing the mixture between your fingers to test the grittiness.
- Pour the mixture into a standalone mixer (or handheld mixer) and beat for 4-6 minutes going from low to high until stiff peaks form and the mixture has cooled.
- Spread the meringue in an even layer over the chocolate filling.
- Use a kitchen torch to toast the meringue and cut into 16 squares and serve.