What to cook? A never-ending question. And with the Holidays in full swing, it can be hard to keep your diet on track.
Never fear! I’ve got a great recipe and how-to video for you. You’ll get all those holiday flavors that you crave while keep your nutrition perfect! Check it out below.
Pumpkin Pie Pancakes:
¼ cup egg whites
1/2 cup dry oats.
1/8 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
¼ cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp Cinnamon
- Mix egg whites and dry oats in a food processor (or blender/Magic Bullet) until combined-about 30 seconds. (will form a paste).
- To this mixture add the almond milk, pumpkin purée and pumpkin pie spice & cinnamon and mix for another 30 seconds, or until combined.
- Pour mixture into heated sauce pan and cook about 2 min each side, flip when the bottom and edges are firmed up.
- Serve with sliced banana on top & a bit of sugar-free maple syrup, or whatever toppings you desire! Enjoy!
Nutrition Info: (whole recipe-makes 2 large pancakes)
Total Fat: 3g
Turkey, Sweet Potato and Cranberry Frittata (Servings-8)
1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
1/3 cup of sweet onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
¾ cup red, sweet bell pepper, chopped (about ½ of pepper)
¾ cup green, sweet bell pepper, chopped (about ½ of pepper)
1 cup of white turkey meat, chopped
1 cup of organic cranberry sauce
Equivalent of 6 eggs, beaten ( used 2 whole eggs and 12 tbsp of egg whites)
1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
Pam Olive Oil Spray
½ cup of shredded cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400*F
- Chop sweet potato into cubes, spray a sauce pan with the Olive Oil spray and sauté on medium high heat for 3 to 4 minutes
- Add onion, garlic and peppers. Sauté an additional 3 to 4 minutes and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- In medium mixing bowl, lightly beat eggs. Combine almond milk and mix together.
- Turn the heat down to medium low and spread turkey meat over sautéed veggies. Then spread the cup of cranberry sauce over meat.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture over ingredients and let cook for 15 minutes or until the bottom is set and it is mostly cooked through (the top can still be runny).
- Sprinkle cheese over top and finish in oven for 5 to 10 minutes until the top is firm and the cheese is melted. Enjoy!
Nutrition Info (per slice): Calculated with optional cheese topping
Total Fat: 3.5g