Now a year old, the Maple Waffle Bar has had its fair share of success. Maple Syrup and butter flavor combine with waffle crumbles to make one of our cult favorite flavors. Today, we hope to expand on that legacy by offering a full-on donut experience for those serious breakfast warriors. This recipe is great to impress friends and family with — besides, who doesn’t love a bacon donut? We sure do, and we think you will too. Full recipe below!
MAPLE BACON DONUTS
Yields: 7 Servings | Serving Size: 1 Donut
Calories: 244 | Protein: 5g | Fat: 16g | Net Carbs: 5g
Total Carb: 11g
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 10-12 mins | Total Time: ~ 27 minutes
- 1/2 scoop Quest Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
- 2 tbsp powdered erythritol (Swerve)
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the Quest Bar into pieces and bake for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove and let cool completely.
- Once cooled, blend the pieces together in a food processor and set them aside.
- Prepare a standard size donut pan with non-stick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, protein powder, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add in the eggs, butter, milk and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Fold in Quest Bar crumbles.
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag and fill the donut molds (should fill 7)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and let cool.
- Once cooled stir together the frosting ingredients and spoon about 2-3 teaspoons onto each donut.
- Top with bacon pieces and take your first bite!